Friday, December 24, 2010

25 Best Movies of the Decade: 2

"I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be."


2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind(2004)

A strange and fantastical journey through the mind of Joel Barrish, a man trying to erase the memory of his relationship with Clementine Kruczynski after finding out she erased her memory of the relationship, Eternal Sunshine is a wonderfully bizarre film from a wonderfully bizarre team: writer Charlie Kaufman and Lego music video auteur Michel Gondry.

As Joel's mind goes, we see the relationship from the breakup and backwards until they meet, telling a unique love story. It's a brilliant deconstruction on the classic love story and just one element of why Eternal Sunshine is so great.

Other things: the direction is fantastic, as is the writing, Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are at the top of their game, etc. etc. etc.

Suffice it to say Eternal Sunshine is an unbelivable film and one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment