Friday, June 26, 2009

25 Best Music Videos: 7


7. Rockit
Herbie Hancock


In a seemingly average suburban home lives a large (and I mean large) family of simple robots. These robots spend all day watching the same song by jazz great Herbie Hancock.

In all honesty, this video blows me away. It's a genuinely creative engineering masterpiece. With every robot moving in time with the beat (with some help from camera editing, of course), it's a brilliant synchronous...thing, I guess.

And the machines are cool, too. With everything ranging from newspaper-reading robots to robotic geese to, uh, compulsive masturbating robots (seriously, watch the robot in bed and tell me he's doing something else). The aesthetic creativity of the machines are astounding.

Also astounding is the way that robot is jacking it. Your hand is going to be so sore, dude. Now I'm going to type more words so that I don't end a post on a masturbation joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment