Tuesday, May 12, 2009

25 Best Music Videos

OK, I need something to get myself out of this non-writing funk. Too bad the only thing I actually know how to do is lists. So now we're here, I've been watching a lot of music videos lately and this is what I'm doing. I'm going by each video individually, so I can try to write more about each, rather than two sentences about how much I like a zombie I put at number three or whatever.


25. Land of Confusion
Genesis

Political songs never really did much for me. I don't really care if the Goo Goo Dolls or whoever are really adamant about saving the Earth or some shit. Just shut up and do it, you are wasting time by writing the music and lyrics to this fucking song.

"Land of Confusion" is slightly different. It's a catchy song about how, at the height of the Cold War and the corruptive 80s, we were all pretty much fucked. Pretty heavy stuff from the same guy who wrote "Sussudio."

The video, however, is what got it heavy airplay. Featuring puppets from English satire show "Spitting Image," various 80s world leaders and pop culture figures do nutty shit as horrific-looking puppets. Oh, and its all a nightmare from the creepy puppet version of Reagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment