Thursday, September 10, 2009

100 Greatest Movie Characters: 29

"Not that I condone fascism, or any ism for that matter. Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon: "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus, but I'd still have to bum rides off of people."

29. Ferris Bueller
Ferris Bueller's Day Off


Quite possibly the least angry representation of teenage rebellion, Ferris doesn't have anything to express. No obstacles to cross (other than his desire for a car), Ferris only has one goal - to have a good time. While he's young.

Yet another Hughes brainchild, Ferris is a charismatic and likable high schooler with a love of goofing off and a mastery of feigning illness. He's a savvy, fast talking, quick witted kid. He has plenty of brains and he doesn't want them to be wasted on memorization of things taught by fantastically dull teachers.

Ferris is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, dickheads - They all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Defining moment: His awesome song and dance to The Beatles' cover of "Twist and Shout" atop a parade float.

No comments:

Post a Comment